I’m sharing the following Columbus parenting resources in the hopes that visitors find them useful. Not every organization is right for every person and sometimes it takes two or more visits to find your footing. You may find one leader or meeting more to your liking than another. Check them out, take what you want and leave the rest.
- Adoption Network Cleveland Supporting all who are touched by adoption including finding families for youth; supporting adult adoptees and birthfamilies; helping prospective and adoptive families; being a resource in the community.
- Ohio Birthparent Group A non-profit organization committed to supporting the life-long needs of birthparents through peer support, advocacy and community education.
- Open Adoption Support Crowdsourcing support for individuals and families living openness in adoption.
- The Homeschool Gym In the Homeschool Gym, children of all skill and fitness levels are invited to have fun and keep their bodies moving. It is our aim to help them improve their physical skills, enjoy fitness and build confidence in a structured, noncompetitive environment.
- Creating a Family For many people, the road to parenthood is a bumpy one, and they need help in creating their family. Creating a Family provides a 1-hour weekly podcast, resources and support for this alternative journey, regardless whether your path is infertility treatm
- RESOLVE: National Infertility Association The only established, nationwide network mandated to promote reproductive health and to ensure equal access to all family building options for men and women experiencing infertility or other reproductive disorders.
- La Leche League of Ohio La Leche League provides mother-to-mother support through local meetings, publications, and by answering mothers’ questions over the telephone and Internet.
- POEM: Perinatal Outreach and Encouragement POEM is the Ohio Coordinator of Postpartum Support International (PSI), the leading authority on perinatal mental health. It’s okay to reach out for help.That’s why we’re here.
- Backline Backline promotes unconditional and judgment-free support for the full spectrum of decisions, feelings and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, adoption and abortion.
- Birthworkers of Central Ohio Birthworkers of Central Ohio is a non-profit organization committed to supporting families through education, community outreach, and professional services offered to expectant parents and parents of newborns.