I used to have this at my house but now I have an office so I’m going to move it there. You’re all invited!
This is your chance to clean out your cupboards, closets and under the bed and maybe get a head start on your holiday shopping.
Here’s how the Annual Toy Swap works:
- People arrive with their gently used toys, books and clothes.
- They drop things off in my waiting room and maybe get themselves a cup of tea
- They rummage through other people’s things.
- They laugh with each other, complain about how their kids never even TOUCHED that toy after begging for it for months, pick things out, discard things, hold up dresses to consider sizing and discuss their holiday plans as well as the extended family members with whom they will be forced to deal with in the upcoming weeks.
- They will leave with new-to-them stuff.
- OR they will drop their things off and leave without grabbing more, just happy to have an excuse to declutter.
- Everything left over will get donated to either the Northwest Counseling Help Me Grow program or to the Syntero therapy offices serving kids or to Volunteers of America.
When: Sunday, November 24th, 1pm to 5pm
Where: My offices at 6660 North High Street, Suite 1A (park in back, come in the side doors)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I come get things if I don’t have anything to share? Absolutely!
- Can I drop things off without picking things up? Sure!
- Do I have to hang out the whole time? Nope, but you’re welcome to if you’d like.
- Can I drop things off beforehand? Yes, just contact me to arrange it.